Mandy Moore will no longer star in the ABC comedy pilot Pulling, TVGuide.com has confirmed.
The project, from Bad Teacher producers Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky, is about three dysfunctional women in their 30s who live life the way they want, even if society tells them they should have it all figured out by now. It is based on the 2006 British series.
Get the latest news on pilot season
Moore was slated to play Louise, an optimistic woman who is desperate to get married. She was the first person cast for the pilot, but according to Deadline, who first reported Moore's exit, after the rest of the cast, including lead June Diane Raphael, fell into place, the character dynamics developed in new ways. Unhappy with the changes to Louise, Moore stepped aside.
"Mandy is a pro, and has been very patient and accommodating with us," Pulling producers said. "As we moved closer to production, it was clear we needed to go in a different direction for the character, and Mandy agreed to do what was best for the show. She's an immensely gifted actress and we hope to have the pleasure of working with her again."
TV Scorecard: What's renewed? What's canceled?
"Many things change quickly as a pilot moves into production," Moore said. "And in this case, Lee and Gene moved the character in a different direction, it was clear this wasn't right for me. Rather than jeopardize the show, I asked to step aside. They and ABC were very accommodating, and wish them all the best in the fall. It's a terrific show that worked so well in the UK, I hope it gets the audience it deserves here."
- 'Ring of Fire' Myth Busting: Jewel Can Act and Lifetime Movies Can Be Seriously Awesome Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 24, 2013 12:22 PM PDT
- NBC to Air Blake Shelton's Tornado Relief Concert Next Week The Wrap - Fri, May 24, 2013 12:28 PM PDT
- 5 Ways to Be an Even Bigger 'Game of Thrones' Nerd Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 24, 2013 1:50 PM PDT
- Guess Who's Rescuing Brides Coast to Coast, Head to Hem in TLC's New Makeover Show? [Exclusive Video] Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 24, 2013 2:44 PM PDT
- Ann Curry Failed to Get Angelina Jolie TV Interview for NBC: Report Us Weekly - Fri, May 24, 2013 3:00 PM PDT
- American Idol and X Factor 'Probably Hurt Each Other,' Fox's Exiting Reality Chief Concedes TVLine.com - Fri, May 24, 2013 3:29 PM PDT