President Obama, meet President Gilcrist. The real U.S. President will be hosting the cast and crew of NBC’s 1600 Penn tomorrow afternoon for a screening of the new White House comedy series. It will be the culmination of a day of promotional activities for the 1600 Penn team in Washington DC that will include a screening and panel at the National Press Club and a guided tour of the White House before the cast and crew meet Obama at 4:45 PM for a screening and reception. Obama will be joined by his speechwriting team; a former member of the team, Jon Lovett, co-created and executive produces 1600 Penn alongside star Josh Gad and director Jason Winer. The series, which debuts Thursday, centers on President Gale Gilchrist (Bill Pullman), his second wife Emily (Jenna Elfman) and his brood, led by son Skip (Gad).
- How 'Scandal' Creator Shonda Rhimes Makes Us Forget Our Morals Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:36 PM PDT
- Friday Night Lights' Aimee Teegarden Looks Skinny, Unrecognizable Us Weekly - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:15 PM PDT
- Is Kelly Rowland Joining The X Factor? TV Guide - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:58 PM PDT
- Doctor Who's Jenna-Louise Coleman on Clara's Meeting with River Song TV Guide - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:22 PM PDT
- Who Were the Worst Reality TV Stars This Week? Television Without Pity - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:28 PM PDT
- ‘Mike & Molly’ Creator Mark Roberts To Exit, Al Higgins Upped To EP & Showrunner Deadline.com - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:30 PM PDT