Bonni Allen, longtime talent representative, casting director and producer, died February 20 after battling cancer. She was 52. Allen represented a number of film, television and Broadway actors over the years including Nancy Opel and Teresa Parente. She turned to casting directing full-time after her client Jason Alexander was cast as George Costanza in the hit TV sitcom Seinfeld. She was also one of the first executives hired by cable television network Studio M/Weberworks. As Creative Executive In charge Of Acquisition & Development of New Projects and Casting, she worked with some of Hollywood’s major producers, including Jonathan Sanger, Lawrence Gordon, Steven Soderbergh, The Farrelly Brothers and Penny Marshall. She later returned to working as a personal manager partnering with Marrissa O’Leary to form allen + o’leary management, where her clients included Lauralee Bell, Greg Roman, Jonathan Fraser, and Nick Baillie.
- Does William Shatner Have a Crush on Betty White? [Exclusive Video] Yahoo! TV - 8 hours ago
- The Voice's Michelle Chamuel Reveals Secrets Behind Mirror Finale Performance Access Hollywood - 6 hours ago
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Love Don't Cost a Thing Yahoo! TV - 6 hours ago
- Revolution Stars Talk Nora's Season 1 Finale Exit Access Hollywood - 6 hours ago
- ‘Community’ Showrunner Dan Harmon Apologizes to Everyone … Almost Variety - 6 hours ago
- 'The Impossible' Director Juan Antonio Bayona to Direct Showtime's 'Penny Dreadful' The Wrap - 5 hours ago