Character actor Lou Myers, best known for his role as the feisty Mr. Gaines on the NBC sitcom A Different World, has died. A spokesperson for Myers’ nonprofit Global Business Incubation tells The Associated Press Myers died Tuesday night at a hospital in West Virginia. He was 76. Myers appeared in several TV shows including NYPD Blue, ER, Touched By An Angel and The Cosby Show, but it was his role on The Cosby Show-spinoff A Different World that he is best remembered. He appeared on the show for five seasons, until it ended in 1993. Myers also had supporting roles in several films including, Tin Cup, How Stella Got Her Groove Back and Wedding Planner. He also appeared on Broadway in Oprah Winfrey’s production of The Color Purple and won an NAACP Image award for best actor for his role in August Wilson’s play King Hedley II.
- Seth MacFarlane Will Not Return to Host the Oscars: "I Need Sleep" TV Guide - 11 hours ago
- The Voice, Dancing With The Stars Offer Words Of Support For Oklahoma Tornado Victims Access Hollywood - 10 hours ago
- Hollywood's Disabled Actors Protest NBC's 'Ironside' Casting - When Is It Their Turn? The Wrap - 10 hours ago
- 'Rectify' Season Finale: Aden Young Talks About Daniel's Innocence ... or Guilt Yahoo! TV - 18 hours ago
- When Liberace Battled Batman and Taught the Hulk How to Tickle the Ivories [Video] Yahoo! TV - 16 hours ago
- NBC picks up 'Siberia' drama series Reuters - 14 hours ago