Ricki Lake's daytime talk show has been canceled after one season, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Pick your favorite TV musical
"We would like to thank Ricki Lake as well as executive producer Gail Steinberg and the entire staff for their work this season," Stephen Brown, Twentieth Television's executive vice president of programming and development said. "While we are proud of the topics the program tackled including childhood obesity, life after the military, divorce and addiction, we were simply not able to breakthrough the crowded talk show marketplace."
Aimed at adult females, Ricki was unable to hit it off with the intended demographic, getting only a 0.5 rating among women 25-54. Over the past two weeks, the series also lost an average of 42% of its lead-in's audience.
The best and worst Super Bowl ads
"I am so proud of the shows we completed this season, sparking important conversations about everything from raising children to mental illness to suicide prevention to coming out," Lake said in a statement. "I will continue to be an active and passionate voice for subjects that are close to my heart through a variety of platforms — and a return to my documentary filmmaking work with Abby Epstein. I am excited to create meaningful and provocative films similar to our 2007 project, The Business of Being Born."
- 'Rectify' Season Finale: Aden Young Talks About Daniel's Innocence ... or Guilt Yahoo! TV - 6 hours ago
- When Liberace Battled Batman and Taught the Hulk How to Tickle the Ivories [Video] Yahoo! TV - 4 hours ago
- NBC picks up 'Siberia' drama series Reuters - 2 hours 19 minutes ago
- Say This Three Times Fast: Found Footage of Fraggles Yahoo! TV - 2 hours 18 minutes ago
- 'American Chopper's' Paul Teutul Sr. lands new CMT series 'Orange County Choppers' Reuters - 2 hours 9 minutes ago
- CBS Pulls Mike & Molly Tornado-Themed Finale From Monday Line-Up TVLine.com - 4 hours ago