Ricki Lake's daytime talk show has been canceled after one season, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Pick your favorite TV musical
"We would like to thank Ricki Lake as well as executive producer Gail Steinberg and the entire staff for their work this season," Stephen Brown, Twentieth Television's executive vice president of programming and development said. "While we are proud of the topics the program tackled including childhood obesity, life after the military, divorce and addiction, we were simply not able to breakthrough the crowded talk show marketplace."
Aimed at adult females, Ricki was unable to hit it off with the intended demographic, getting only a 0.5 rating among women 25-54. Over the past two weeks, the series also lost an average of 42% of its lead-in's audience.
The best and worst Super Bowl ads
"I am so proud of the shows we completed this season, sparking important conversations about everything from raising children to mental illness to suicide prevention to coming out," Lake said in a statement. "I will continue to be an active and passionate voice for subjects that are close to my heart through a variety of platforms — and a return to my documentary filmmaking work with Abby Epstein. I am excited to create meaningful and provocative films similar to our 2007 project, The Business of Being Born."
- 'Ring of Fire' Myth Busting: Jewel Can Act and Lifetime Movies Can Be Seriously Awesome Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 24, 2013 12:22 PM PDT
- NBC to Air Blake Shelton's Tornado Relief Concert Next Week The Wrap - Fri, May 24, 2013 12:28 PM PDT
- 5 Ways to Be an Even Bigger 'Game of Thrones' Nerd Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 24, 2013 1:50 PM PDT
- Guess Who's Rescuing Brides Coast to Coast, Head to Hem in TLC's New Makeover Show? [Exclusive Video] Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 24, 2013 2:44 PM PDT
- Ann Curry Failed to Get Angelina Jolie TV Interview for NBC: Report Us Weekly - Fri, May 24, 2013 3:00 PM PDT
- American Idol and X Factor 'Probably Hurt Each Other,' Fox's Exiting Reality Chief Concedes TVLine.com - Fri, May 24, 2013 3:29 PM PDT