Sarah Jessica Parker has joined the growing list of actors cut from Lovelace, Entertainment Weekly reports.
Though all her scenes were filmed, Parker became a casualty of the editing process when directors Rob Epstein and Jeffrey Friedman decided to end the film in 1980 instead of 1984, before porn star Linda Lovelace joined up with Parker's character Gloria Steinem.
Photos: Everybody's posing nude! Check out Rihanna and other stars who've bared all
The Sex and the City actress took the role of Steinem last minute after Demi Moore dropped out due to health issues. The filmmakers regretted telling Parker the bad news, especially due to her graciousness about jumping in last minute. "You never want to make that call," Friedman said.
"But she was a pro," Espstein added.
Fifty Shades of Lame! Check out TV's unsexiest sex scenes
Lovelace chronicles the life of the X-rated actress who starred in Deep Throat. Lindsay Lohan was originally cast in the role, but Amanda Seyfried took over after legal issues impeded Lohan's production schedule.
Lovelace premieres at Sundance Film Festival on Tuesday.
- How 'Scandal' Creator Shonda Rhimes Makes Us Forget Our Morals Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:36 PM PDT
- Friday Night Lights' Aimee Teegarden Looks Skinny, Unrecognizable Us Weekly - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:15 PM PDT
- Is Kelly Rowland Joining The X Factor? TV Guide - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:58 PM PDT
- Doctor Who's Jenna-Louise Coleman on Clara's Meeting with River Song TV Guide - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:22 PM PDT
- Who Were the Worst Reality TV Stars This Week? Television Without Pity - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:28 PM PDT
- ‘Mike & Molly’ Creator Mark Roberts To Exit, Al Higgins Upped To EP & Showrunner Deadline.com - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:30 PM PDT