The CW brass were hoping to keep Sarah Michelle Gellar into the fold after the cancellation of her drama series Ringer. But seems like the Buffy The Vampire Slayer alumna will be headed elsewhere. Gellar is attached to a comedy script set up at 20th Century Fox TV, as first reported by TVLine. I hear the untitled project, from up-and-coming writer Shepard Boucher (Men At Work), chronicles the hijinks of two moms, one played by Gellar, while their kids are at school. ICM Partners-repped Boucher wrote the project on spec. The agency, which also reps Gellar, showed it to the actress who liked it and came on board. In part because of Gellar’s relationship with 20th TV chairman Dana Walden going back to Gellar’s says on the studio’s drama Buffy The Vampire Slayer, the project was set up at 20th TV, which put in development. Studio-based writer-producer Dave Hemingson came on as showrunner and is supervising the rewrite, which is being done right now. The project will then be taken out, likely as part of the traditional January spec season. This is the second consecutive time that Geller has boarded a script by young writers following Ringer, created by Eric Charmelo and Nicole Snyder. She and Boucher are managed by Brillstein Entertainment whose Margaret Riley and JoAnne Colonna serves as exec producer alongside Hemingson and Gellar.
- James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead at 51 Yahoo! TV - 4 hours ago
- FX Picks Up Legal Comedy Starring Kelsey Grammer and Martin Lawrence TVLine.com - 5 hours ago
- Stephen Amell: Why I Won't Join Fifty Shades Of Grey Movie Access Hollywood - 5 hours ago
- 'Full House' Flashback: Check Out Candace Cameron Bure's Cheesy Christmas Pic Yahoo! TV - 5 hours ago
- Matt Lauer Calls Katie Couric "Very Attractive," Rates Her a "9 or 10" Us Weekly - 5 hours ago
- Netflix Renews 'Hemlock Grove' for Season 2 The Wrap - 3 hours ago