Buffy's coming back to the small screen! Sarah Michelle Gellar is eyeing a starring role in a new sitcom in development at 20th Century Fox, TVLine reports.
The best performances of 2012
The half-hour comedy would be a new spin on the family comedy, following Gellar as a wife and mother, and the mischief she and her husband get into when their kids aren't around.
How I Met Your Mother's David Hemingson and Love and Other Drugs' Margaret Riley will serve as executive producers of the untitled project, which will be shopped to networks in the next few weeks.
Winter TV preview: Must-watch new shows
Gellar's last series Ringer, a CW drama in which she played mysterious identical twins, was canceled last year after one season.
Do you think Gellar would fare better in a sitcom?
- How 'Scandal' Creator Shonda Rhimes Makes Us Forget Our Morals Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:36 PM PDT
- Friday Night Lights' Aimee Teegarden Looks Skinny, Unrecognizable Us Weekly - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:15 PM PDT
- Is Kelly Rowland Joining The X Factor? TV Guide - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:58 PM PDT
- Doctor Who's Jenna-Louise Coleman on Clara's Meeting with River Song TV Guide - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:22 PM PDT
- Who Were the Worst Reality TV Stars This Week? Television Without Pity - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:28 PM PDT
- ‘Mike & Molly’ Creator Mark Roberts To Exit, Al Higgins Upped To EP & Showrunner Deadline.com - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:30 PM PDT