January continues to be a strong month for Saturday Night Live.
The Jan. 26 episode of SNL, featuring host Adam Levine, was the season's strongest in both adults 18-49 and total viewers. Initial ratings had it on par with Bruno Mars' pre-election showing in October, but Nielsen's live plus same day returns now give SNL a 2.7 rating in the key demo and 7.3 million viewers.
In the demo, that marks the series' best performance since season's May 12 finale hosted by Will Ferrell, which also pulled a 2.7 rating.
With total viewers, the episode came in just shy of Lindsay Lohan's 7.4 million strong telecast on March 3.
SNL reached its highest ratings for the past two seasons in the month of January, with hosting efforts by Charles Barkley (2012) and Jim Carrey (2011).
The show announced Wednesday that Christoph Waltz will make his hosting debut on Feb. 16 after the Feb. 9 episode featuring Justin Bieber.
- 'Ring of Fire' Myth Busting: Jewel Can Act and Lifetime Movies Can Be Seriously Awesome Yahoo! TV - 16 hours ago
- NBC to Air Blake Shelton's Tornado Relief Concert Next Week The Wrap - 16 hours ago
- 5 Ways to Be an Even Bigger 'Game of Thrones' Nerd Yahoo! TV - 15 hours ago
- Ann Curry Failed to Get Angelina Jolie TV Interview for NBC: Report Us Weekly - 14 hours ago
- American Idol and X Factor 'Probably Hurt Each Other,' Fox's Exiting Reality Chief Concedes TVLine.com - 13 hours ago