EXCLUSIVE: Nick at Nite‘s first original scripted comedy series See Dad Run has been renewed for a second season. The family sitcom starring Scott Baio has received a 20-episode order, matching its first-season pickup. Created by Tina Albanese and Patrick Labyorteaux, See Dad Run centers on actor David Hobbs (Baio) who, after a decade on television, becomes a stay-at-home dad so his soap-opera-star wife (Alanna Ubach) can get back in the spotlight. But he quickly realizes that playing a dad on television is much different from the real thing. Albanese and Labyorteaux executive produce with Nat Bernstein and Mitchel Katlin. Upcoming guest stars on the show’s current season include Michele Lee, who plays David’s mom in a Mother’s Day episode, and James Maslow, who will reprise his role as a supporter of Emily’s run for class president. See Dad Run, which debuted October 6, will soon be joined by Nick at Nite’s second original comedy series Wendell And Vinnie, which will premiere next year.
- TLC Brings NBC's 'Who Do You Think You Are?' Back From the Grave (Exclusive) The Wrap - 11 hours ago
- Hollywood's disabled actors protest NBC's 'Ironside' casting - when is it their turn? Reuters - 10 hours ago
- VH1 sets 'Gossip Table' for June 3 Reuters - 9 hours ago
- 'Nashville' Crew Member's Wife Accuses Show of Mistreatment The Wrap - 9 hours ago
- Nick Jonas, Giuliana Rancic to host Miss USA AP - 9 hours ago