A group of actors including Da Vinci’s Demons’ Lara Pulver is joining the cast of Sky Atlantic/BBC America‘s biopic Fleming. The upcoming four-part drama stars Dominic Cooper as James Bond creator-author Ian Fleming and, as I reported last week, also has Annabelle Wallis lined up as Muriel Wright, the original inspiration for the Bond Girl. Sky confirms today that Pulver will play Ann O’Neill, with whom Fleming had a longterm on-off relationship before she became his wife in 1952. She is said to have heavily influenced the writer: a year after they wed, the first 007 book, Casino Royale, was published. Mr Selfridge‘s Samuel West is also aboard as Admiral John Godfrey, with whom Fleming worked during WWII and who put him in charge of Operation Golden Eye. Godfrey is generally accepted to have been the inspiration for the M character in the Bond books. British actress Lesley Manville will play Fleming’s mother Eve and British actor Rupert Evans will play his brother Peter. The Hour‘s Anna Chancellor is taking on the part of Lieutenant Monday, an inspiration for Miss Moneypenny. Fleming is an Ecosse Films production for Sky Atlantic and BBC America and takes a no-holds-barred look at the 007 creator and his early life set against the permissive society of war-torn WWII London. Mat Whitecross is directing from a script by John Brownlow and Don MacPherson with shooting to start in Budapest next month. BBC Worldwide is distributing internationally.
- Returning Showrunner Dan Harmon Slams ‘Community’ Season 4 & Sony Bosses Deadline.com - 7 hours ago
- Chuck Lorre Confirms Angus T. Jones Will Be Back On Two And A Half Men Access Hollywood - 6 hours ago
- Future Of ‘Anger Management’ Co-Star Selma Blair In Limbo Over Falling-Out With Charlie Sheen Deadline.com - 6 hours ago
- John Hurt Joins FX's Vampire Thriller The Strain TV Guide - 5 hours ago
- ‘Curb’ Actor Won’t Be Charged in Parking Spot Incident Variety - 3 hours ago
- 'Storage Wars' Star Brandi Passante Gets Pittance in Porn Video Lawsuit The Wrap - 3 hours ago