The new facility, Colorworks 4K Television is located at the Sony Pictures lot in Culver City, and will provide services for original shows shot in 4K as well as 4K remastering. The facility features two 4K grading suites and one editorial finishing suite, with direct synergy to Sony Pictures Television Backbone. Sony cites what it claims is growing demand for the format after the unveiling of new 4K camera systems, of which Sony produces two. HD broadcasts are not yet universal in US homes, with low power stations still not required to make the transition, but since the 2009 conversion the format has grown in prevalence, even if global shipments of HD televisions declined by 4% in 2012.
- TLC Brings NBC's 'Who Do You Think You Are?' Back From the Grave (Exclusive) The Wrap - 9 hours ago
- Hollywood's disabled actors protest NBC's 'Ironside' casting - when is it their turn? Reuters - 8 hours ago
- VH1 sets 'Gossip Table' for June 3 Reuters - 7 hours ago
- 'Nashville' Crew Member's Wife Accuses Show of Mistreatment The Wrap - 7 hours ago
- Nick Jonas, Giuliana Rancic to host Miss USA AP - 7 hours ago