Just in time for the potential end of the world later this year, Spike TV has greenlighted Last Family On Earth, a new competition reality series in which families vie for a spot in an underground fortified Vivos bunker. Produced by Craig Piligian’s Pilgrim Studios, the six-episode one-hour series will premiere this fall, with the finale, in which the winning family move into their bunker, airing just before December 21 — when some expect potential cataclysmic demise as allegedly predicted by the Mayan calendar. The competition will showcase survival techniques and, in addition to endurance and physical skills, test the contestants’ leadership abilities, integrity and character. The doomsday scenarios that will be played out on the show include a pandemic, global government or economic collapse, nuclear war, reactor meltdowns, solar flares, massive asteroids, lethal climactic change, a pole shift, calamitous earthquakes, and even widespread anarchy. A panel of three survivalist-expert judges, along with viewer input via social media, will help determine which family is eliminated each week. The participating families, which come from a variety of backgrounds, are among the 15% of the world’s population who believe the end of civilization is near.
- Bad Teacher Heading To CBS Access Hollywood - 9 hours ago
- 5 Biggest Shockers From the Critics' Choice Award Nominations Yahoo! TV - 10 hours ago
- Nick Carter & His Fiancée To Topline Reality Series Deadline.com - 10 hours ago
- 'Merlin' Series Finale Preview: A Dream Is Not a Dream [Exclusive Video] Yahoo! TV - 10 hours ago
- Homeland Enlists SVU, Prison Break Actors for Season 3 TV Guide - 10 hours ago
- 'Bachelorette' Meredith Phillips: I'm an Alcoholic ET Online - 10 hours ago