Well, that was fast. The recently announced Star Wars: Episode VII has found its writer in Michael Arndt, Lucasfilm confirmed.
Harrison Ford reportedly "open" to reprising Han Solo role in new Star Wars film
The acclaimed writer's work will next be seen in the Hunger Games sequel Catching Fire and the Tom Cruise drama Oblivion, both to be released in 2013. He won an Oscar for Best Original Screenplay for Little Miss Sunshine and earned a nomination for his work on Toy Story 3.
Deadline reports Lucasfilm reached out to Arndt months ago before news of the sale to Disney went public. According to the website, Arndt came up with a "pretty extensive and detailed treatment for what would be the next three movies, the trilogy."
Are you happy with Arndt as the writer?
- Bad Teacher Heading To CBS Access Hollywood - 1 hour 17 minutes ago
- 5 Biggest Shockers From the Critics' Choice Award Nominations Yahoo! TV - 1 hour 25 minutes ago
- Nick Carter & His Fiancée To Topline Reality Series Deadline.com - 1 hour 33 minutes ago
- 'Merlin' Series Finale Preview: A Dream Is Not a Dream [Exclusive Video] Yahoo! TV - 1 hour 52 minutes ago
- Homeland Enlists SVU, Prison Break Actors for Season 3 TV Guide - 2 hours 3 minutes ago
- 'Bachelorette' Meredith Phillips: I'm an Alcoholic ET Online - 2 hours 13 minutes ago