Storage Wars star Mark Balelo was found dead Monday of an apparent suicide, TMZ reports. He was 40.
Remember other celebrities we've lost this year
Balelo died from carbon monoxide poisoning in his car after running the vehicle in the garage of his auction house in Simi Valley, Calif.
On Saturday, Balelo had been arrested for a drug-related offense. When he was released from jail, he called his fiancée because he was afraid of hurting himself, according to TMZ. The pair reportedly met at Balelo's office on Sunday, where they talked for hours before the reality star took a nap, woke up and seemed better. Balelo's fiancée left him at the office Sunday evening and an employee found his body the next morning, TMZ reports.
An autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday, according to The Ventura County Star.
Nicknamed "Rico Suave" on Storage Wars because of the flashy attire he wore to auctions, Balelo first appeared on the show in the second season. He made headlines in 2011 when he helped Nicolas Cage recover a rare 1938 comic book featuring Superman's debut that was stolen from his home. The comic book was valued at $1 million.
- Returning Showrunner Dan Harmon Slams ‘Community’ Season 4 & Sony Bosses Deadline.com - 7 hours ago
- Chuck Lorre Confirms Angus T. Jones Will Be Back On Two And A Half Men Access Hollywood - 6 hours ago
- Future Of ‘Anger Management’ Co-Star Selma Blair In Limbo Over Falling-Out With Charlie Sheen Deadline.com - 6 hours ago
- John Hurt Joins FX's Vampire Thriller The Strain TV Guide - 5 hours ago
- ‘Curb’ Actor Won’t Be Charged in Parking Spot Incident Variety - 4 hours ago
- 'Storage Wars' Star Brandi Passante Gets Pittance in Porn Video Lawsuit The Wrap - 4 hours ago