EXCLUSIVE: Mary Beth Cunin, CMT‘s SVP of Programming Strategy, is leaving the network at the end of the year. Originally based in CMT’s Nashville headquarters and reporting directly to Brian Philips, President, CMT, Cunin oversees program scheduling, promotion scheduling, acquisitions and digital content strategy for the network. Cunin relocated to Los Angeles in August. CMT is expected to name a replacement, to be based in Nashville, in the new year. During her nine-year tenure at CMT, Cunin acquired off-network shows Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and Trading Spouses and negotiated a deal with Twentieth Century Fox to bring original episodes of Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? to the channel simultaneously with broadcast syndication. On the original programming front, Cunin’s highest-profile initiative was the 2011 launch of a CMT original movie division to produce TV movies for the network. It has since been shelved.
- 'Ring of Fire' Myth Busting: Jewel Can Act and Lifetime Movies Can Be Seriously Awesome Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 24, 2013 12:22 PM PDT
- NBC to Air Blake Shelton's Tornado Relief Concert Next Week The Wrap - Fri, May 24, 2013 12:28 PM PDT
- 5 Ways to Be an Even Bigger 'Game of Thrones' Nerd Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 24, 2013 1:50 PM PDT
- Ann Curry Failed to Get Angelina Jolie TV Interview for NBC: Report Us Weekly - 23 hours ago
- American Idol and X Factor 'Probably Hurt Each Other,' Fox's Exiting Reality Chief Concedes TVLine.com - 23 hours ago