Syfy has decided not to renew Alphas, Deadline reports.
Returning Winter Shows: Where we left off
"We've been proud to present this entertaining, high-quality series for two seasons and to work with an incredible ensemble of talented actors, producers and creatives as well as our partners at BermanBraun Television," the network explained in a statement. "We'd like to thank the show's dedicated regular viewers for their tremendous support."
Winter TV's must-see new shows
The cancelation doesn't come as much of a surprise. Alpha's second season experienced a significant drop in ratings, with the series premiere garnering only 1.7 million viewers.
David Strathairn and Ryan Cartwright starred in the drama, which followed a group of people with several superhuman abilities.
- Does William Shatner Have a Crush on Betty White? [Exclusive Video] Yahoo! TV - 6 hours ago
- The Voice's Michelle Chamuel Reveals Secrets Behind Mirror Finale Performance Access Hollywood - 4 hours ago
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Love Don't Cost a Thing Yahoo! TV - 4 hours ago
- Revolution Stars Talk Nora's Season 1 Finale Exit Access Hollywood - 4 hours ago
- ‘Community’ Showrunner Dan Harmon Apologizes to Everyone … Almost Variety - 3 hours ago
- 'The Impossible' Director Juan Antonio Bayona to Direct Showtime's 'Penny Dreadful' The Wrap - 3 hours ago