EXCLUSIVE: Actor-comedian T.J. Miller has been tapped as the third lead opposite Becki Newton and Scott Foley in The Goodwin Games, Fox’s single-camera comedy from the How I Met Your Mother trio of Carter Bays, Craig Thomas and Chris Harris. The role has been recast. The 20th TV-produced project revolves around three siblings (Newton, Foley, Miller) who reconnect after the death of their father when he leaves them his fortune — but only if they agree to his terms. Miller will play the youngest Goodwin sibling Jimmy, a scruffy petty thief described as “all heart, zero impulse control” who is has just gotten out of jail – yet again. He replaces Jake Lacy who played the role in the pilot. 20th TV and Fox originally cast Miller as one of the two leads of the off-cycle comedy pilot Little Brother where he played a similar character, a boisterous, unpredictable ex-con who moves in with his level-headed brother and his family. I hear both the network and the studio loved Miller in the role and, when Little Brother didn’t go to series, looked for ways to keep him in the fold. Miller, whose feature credits include Cloverfield, Our Idiot Brother and Yogi Bear, hosts Mash Up, a new, half-hour stand-up series for Comedy Central. He is with WME and 3 Arts.
- How 'Scandal' Creator Shonda Rhimes Makes Us Forget Our Morals Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:36 PM PDT
- Friday Night Lights' Aimee Teegarden Looks Skinny, Unrecognizable Us Weekly - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:15 PM PDT
- Is Kelly Rowland Joining The X Factor? TV Guide - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:58 PM PDT
- Doctor Who's Jenna-Louise Coleman on Clara's Meeting with River Song TV Guide - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:22 PM PDT
- Who Were the Worst Reality TV Stars This Week? Television Without Pity - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:28 PM PDT
- ‘Mike & Molly’ Creator Mark Roberts To Exit, Al Higgins Upped To EP & Showrunner Deadline.com - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:30 PM PDT