EXCLUSIVE: After each of them has co-created a TBS series, Walt Becker (Wild Hogs) and Cheers alum Rob Long have teamed for a multi-camera comedy project, which has landed a pilot order at TBS. The network has greenlighted Do It Yourself, created and executive produced by Becker and Long and produced internally at Turner. It tells the story of Nick, a 20-something laid-off math teacher who finds himself thrust into the blue collar world when he gets a job at that most American of retail institutions: the big box home supply store. Nick quickly becomes the de facto leader of his band of misfit coworkers while also figuring out ways to redefine what it means to be a teacher. Becker and Michael LeSieur created TBS’ hourlong fraternity comedy series Glory Daze, which ran for one season. Long and Steve Byrne co-created TBS’ multi-camera comedy Sullivan & Son, which has been renewed for a second season. Also today, we broke the news that Becker has signed on to direct Sex On The First Date, a romantic comedy for Gold Circle Films.
- 'Ring of Fire' Myth Busting: Jewel Can Act and Lifetime Movies Can Be Seriously Awesome Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 24, 2013 12:22 PM PDT
- NBC to Air Blake Shelton's Tornado Relief Concert Next Week The Wrap - Fri, May 24, 2013 12:28 PM PDT
- 5 Ways to Be an Even Bigger 'Game of Thrones' Nerd Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 24, 2013 1:50 PM PDT
- Guess Who's Rescuing Brides Coast to Coast, Head to Hem in TLC's New Makeover Show? [Exclusive Video] Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 24, 2013 2:44 PM PDT
- Ann Curry Failed to Get Angelina Jolie TV Interview for NBC: Report Us Weekly - Fri, May 24, 2013 3:00 PM PDT
- American Idol and X Factor 'Probably Hurt Each Other,' Fox's Exiting Reality Chief Concedes TVLine.com - Fri, May 24, 2013 3:29 PM PDT