As is now something of a tradition for many freshman comedies, Ben and Kate and The Mindy Project will get a two-week sampling period ahead of their official Sept. 25 debuts on Fox.
The network announced Monday morning, at the Television Critics Association summer press tour, that both of the new Tuesday comedies will see early premieres from Aug. 27 through Sept. 9 on Facebook, Yahoo!, Hulu, AOL, MSN, Fox.com, Xfinity and other outlets.
It's a similar move to last year's network success story, New Girl, which actually streamed at multiple online outlets up until the eve of the premiere.
As for New Girl, Fox is making a play for more viewers by offering free encores of the Zooey Deschanel comedy's 24-episode freshman run Yahoo! TV. The standalone website and reference to the series' oft mentioned "douche bag jar," www.addtothejar.com, will house free streams of the initial run throughout august. Six new episodes will arrive each week for four weeks.
Ben and Kate, The Mindy Project and New Girl will be joined by Raising Hope when Fox debuts its full Tuesday comedy block this fall.
- James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead at 51 Yahoo! TV - 8 hours ago
- FX Picks Up Legal Comedy Starring Kelsey Grammer and Martin Lawrence TVLine.com - 9 hours ago
- Stephen Amell: Why I Won't Join Fifty Shades Of Grey Movie Access Hollywood - 9 hours ago
- 'Full House' Flashback: Check Out Candace Cameron Bure's Cheesy Christmas Pic Yahoo! TV - 9 hours ago
- Matt Lauer Calls Katie Couric "Very Attractive," Rates Her a "9 or 10" Us Weekly - 9 hours ago
- Netflix Renews 'Hemlock Grove' for Season 2 The Wrap - 7 hours ago