Teen Mom star Amber Portwood has been sentenced to five years in prison for the second time in six months.
Portwood was originally sentenced in January for drug possession, but the judge decided to offer her a second chance. In exchange for doing time, Portwood could complete a drug rehabilitation program instead.
As TMZ reports, Portwood gave up on the program and, in a surprising turn of events, asked the judge to reinstate her sentence. On Tuesday, the reality star got her wish when the judge enforced the terms of Portwood's original plea agreement.
Teen Mom's original cast to say goodbye
Portwood will head to the Indiana Department of Corrections therapeutic community program and will be given credit for time served in jail.
This isn't Portwood's first run-in with the law. While filming Teen Mom, Portwood was arrested for domestic violence in 2010 against her baby's father, Gary.
- How 'Scandal' Creator Shonda Rhimes Makes Us Forget Our Morals Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:36 PM PDT
- Friday Night Lights' Aimee Teegarden Looks Skinny, Unrecognizable Us Weekly - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:15 PM PDT
- Is Kelly Rowland Joining The X Factor? TV Guide - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:58 PM PDT
- Doctor Who's Jenna-Louise Coleman on Clara's Meeting with River Song TV Guide - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:22 PM PDT
- Who Were the Worst Reality TV Stars This Week? Television Without Pity - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:28 PM PDT
- ‘Mike & Molly’ Creator Mark Roberts To Exit, Al Higgins Upped To EP & Showrunner Deadline.com - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:30 PM PDT