Media are calling it an all-out book war. Vanity Fair’s website today published an excerpt from the March 19th biography Roger Ailes: Off Camera by Zev Chafets about the Fox News Channel lightning rod for media and political controversy. But the excerpt was devoid of much punch except for a number of insulting one-liners uttered by the 72-year-old Roger Ailes. But he stayed respectful of boss Rupert Murdoch and explained why their relationship works: because it’s profitable. (“Does Rupert like me? I think so, but it doesn’t matter. Our relationship isn’t about love—it’s about arithmetic. Survival means hitting your numbers. I’ve met or exceeded mine in 56 straight quarters. The reason is: I treat Rupert’s money like it is mine.”) Expected this May but apparently now delayed is New York magazine writer Gabriel Sherman’s book The Loudest Voice In The Room: Fox News And The Making of America. It was supposed to be an HBO film produced by MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski but that TV project too has been put on hold when Deadline first reported about it. As for Chafets’ book, Ailes reportedly agreed to cooperate with exclusive interviews and access to colleagues and family sometime after Sherman began working on his book. But Chafets’ publisher told Politico that Ailes “had no control over the editorial process”. Chafets is best known for having written a favorable biography of Rush Limbaugh. The third Ailes book is reportedly by Ailes himself but there’s no publication date as of yet.
- Does William Shatner Have a Crush on Betty White? [Exclusive Video] Yahoo! TV - Tue, Jun 18, 2013 9:40 AM PDT
- The Voice's Michelle Chamuel Reveals Secrets Behind Mirror Finale Performance Access Hollywood - Tue, Jun 18, 2013 11:24 AM PDT
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Love Don't Cost a Thing Yahoo! TV - Tue, Jun 18, 2013 11:38 AM PDT
- Revolution Stars Talk Nora's Season 1 Finale Exit Access Hollywood - Tue, Jun 18, 2013 12:03 PM PDT
- ‘Community’ Showrunner Dan Harmon Apologizes to Everyone … Almost Variety - Tue, Jun 18, 2013 12:11 PM PDT
- 'The Impossible' Director Juan Antonio Bayona to Direct Showtime's 'Penny Dreadful' The Wrap - Tue, Jun 18, 2013 12:49 PM PDT