1. Few foods make me happier than French fries.
2. I had a terrible stutter as a child and a teen.
3. I'm an Anglophile.
4. I hate driving.
5. My first job was making architectural models.
6. I was a record-holding swimmer in school.
7. I'm a bit of a clean freak.
8. I never keep my shoes on in my apartment (but you can).
9. My role as mentor on Project Runway was created mere days before taping the first season.
10. My father was an FBI agent under J. Edgar Hoover for 26 years.
11. My apartment contains more than 2,500 books.
12. I haven't gone on a vacation in 12 years.
13. I'm an HGTV junkie.
14. My favorite movie is The Wizard of Oz.
15. When people ask me for advice, I never critique the things they can't change.
16. I'm so happy that I live in my absolute favorite city in the world, New York.
17. I go to the Metropolitan Museum of Art about once a week.
18. And I take the subway.
19. My favorite drink is a Manhattan.
20. I have not had an intimate relationship in 20 years.
21. I cook dinner for myself almost every night.
22. I make a great meatloaf.
23. I love dogs, especially mutts.
24. I have an aversion to parties.
25. If you have spinach in your teeth, I will tell you.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Tim Gunn: 25 Things You Don't Know About Me
- Arts & Entertainment
- Project Runway