Tim McGraw looks good and feels good too. But things weren't always so good for the country star.
"I drank a lot from my point of view and I needed to stop," McGraw told People. "I felt quitting was something I needed to do. I didn't feel I had any moral high ground with my kids in the long run."
Photos: Stars who don't look their age
Inspired by his family, including wife Faith Hill and daughters Gracie Katherine, 15, Maggie Elizabeth, 14, and Audrey Caroline, 11, McGraw got sober five years ago. Since then, McGraw has also taken on a grueling workout regimen.
"Working out is a great way to go out on stage," McGraw, who's planning a 30-city tour this spring, says. "When I hit the stage, my adrenaline is going and I'm ready."
Which canceled show should return?
McGraw sees his new album Two Lanes of Freedom, due out on Tuesday, as reflection of his new, healthier lifestyle. "I really feel like this new album is not a culmination of the things I've done, it's a new beginning of the things I am going to do. I want to enjoy my career and having my family. I have a busy life, but it is a fulfilling life," McGraw said.
- Does William Shatner Have a Crush on Betty White? [Exclusive Video] Yahoo! TV - 11 hours ago
- The Voice's Michelle Chamuel Reveals Secrets Behind Mirror Finale Performance Access Hollywood - 9 hours ago
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Love Don't Cost a Thing Yahoo! TV - 9 hours ago
- Revolution Stars Talk Nora's Season 1 Finale Exit Access Hollywood - 8 hours ago
- ‘Community’ Showrunner Dan Harmon Apologizes to Everyone … Almost Variety - 8 hours ago
- 'The Impossible' Director Juan Antonio Bayona to Direct Showtime's 'Penny Dreadful' The Wrap - 8 hours ago