Tina Turner has fallen in love with her music manager — and with Switzerland! The singer has been living with German record executive Erwin Bach in a Zurich lake house since the mid-'90s, ABC News reports.
Photos: Stars who don't look their age
The Zuerichsee-Zeitung newspaper announced Saturday that the local council has decided to grant Turner citizenship, but the decision still requires approval from state and federal authorities.
"Tine Turner will therefore also give back her U.S. citizenship," Turner's rep told the newspaper.
"I am very happy in Switzerland and I feel at home here. I could not imagine a better place to live," the singer told the German paper Blick after the announcement was made.
Would you give up your American citizenship for love?
- 'Ring of Fire' Myth Busting: Jewel Can Act and Lifetime Movies Can Be Seriously Awesome Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 24, 2013 12:22 PM PDT
- NBC to Air Blake Shelton's Tornado Relief Concert Next Week The Wrap - Fri, May 24, 2013 12:28 PM PDT
- 5 Ways to Be an Even Bigger 'Game of Thrones' Nerd Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 24, 2013 1:50 PM PDT
- Guess Who's Rescuing Brides Coast to Coast, Head to Hem in TLC's New Makeover Show? [Exclusive Video] Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 24, 2013 2:44 PM PDT
- Ann Curry Failed to Get Angelina Jolie TV Interview for NBC: Report Us Weekly - Fri, May 24, 2013 3:00 PM PDT
- American Idol and X Factor 'Probably Hurt Each Other,' Fox's Exiting Reality Chief Concedes TVLine.com - Fri, May 24, 2013 3:29 PM PDT