EXCLUSIVE: My Name Is Earl alumna Nadine Velazquez has joined TNT drama series Major Crimes as new regular for the upcoming second season. Additionally, former Closer co-star Robert Gossett, who recurred as Assistant Chief Russell Taylor, Captain Raydor’s (Mary McDonnell) direct superior, on the first season of Major Crimes, is being promoted to regular. On The Closer spinoff, Velazquez will play Deputy D.A. Emma Rios. Newly assigned to the Phillip Stroh case, Emma interviews Rusty (Graham Patrick Martin) about his involvement as a key witness in the murder case. She immediately causes a stir within the department, coming into conflict with Raydor (McDonnell) when she questions Raydor’s intentions as Rusty’s guardian and challenges her authority. Velazquez, repped by Gersh and KLWGN, was recently seen in Flight and in a 16-episode arc on FX’s The League. She is in Snitch and next stars in Aztec Warrior. Gossett, repped by Stone Manners Salners, is the second Closer alum and recurring player on Major Crimes to be promoted to regular for Season 2, joining Jonathan del Arco.
- Bad Teacher Heading To CBS Access Hollywood - 21 hours ago
- 5 Biggest Shockers From the Critics' Choice Award Nominations Yahoo! TV - 21 hours ago
- Nick Carter & His Fiancée To Topline Reality Series Deadline.com - 21 hours ago
- 'Merlin' Series Finale Preview: A Dream Is Not a Dream [Exclusive Video] Yahoo! TV - 21 hours ago
- Homeland Enlists SVU, Prison Break Actors for Season 3 TV Guide - 22 hours ago
- 'Bachelorette' Meredith Phillips: I'm an Alcoholic ET Online - 22 hours ago