ABC continues to batter the competition with its coverage of the NBA finals. Fast affiliate ratings for Sunday night, which will get a bump when time-zone adjustments have been made, have Game 3 -- in which the Miami Heat beat the Oklahoma City Thunder, 91-85, to take a 2-1 series lead -- easily winning the night with a 5.6 rating among adults 18-49 and 13.4 million viewers over the course of its broadcast. Starting the evening with a special Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 7 p.m. (1.9 adults rating) and NBA Countdown (2.6 adults rating), ABC averaged a 4.8 adults 18-49 rating for the night and 11.5 million viewers.
The game's biggest competition came from NBC's coverage of the 2012 U.S. Open. Golf overlapped basketball during all but the last half-hour of the NBA, earning NBC a second-place finish with a 2.1 rating among adults 18-49 and 8.8 million viewers for the night.
Fox encores earned a 1.2 rating with 18-49-ers and 2.7 million viewers. CBS followed in fourth place with the demo, pulling a 0.8 adults rating for the night, with a block of encores following a new 60 Minutes (1.0 adults rating). The network averaged 5.4 million viewers.
- 'Teen Wolf' Sophomore-Season Superlatives Yahoo! TV - 12 hours ago
- ABC Family Orders New Spelling Bee Game Show The Wrap - 15 hours ago
- A&E Cancels Intervention After 13 Seasons TV Guide - 14 hours ago
- DirecTV Comes Full Circle With David Boreanaz, Kate Walsh, Julian McMahon and More TVLine.com - 13 hours ago
- FX Sets Premiere Date for 'The Bridge' The Wrap - 13 hours ago
- Real Housewives' Tamra Barney Getting a Spin-Off TV Guide - 13 hours ago