Two weeks shy of the first weekend of the NFL season, preseason football already is making its presence known on Sunday nights. Fast affiliate ratings give NBC's broadcast of the Carolina Panthers-New York Jets game a 2.9 rating among adults 18-49 and 9 million viewers between 8:15 and 11 p.m. ET. Time-zone adjustments should see those numbers improve considerably, though NBC wins the night regardless.
Fox encores, boosted by NFL overrun, earned a second-place showing in the demo, averaging a 1.8 rating among adults 18-49. The network also brought in 4 million viewers.
CBS averaged a 1.4 adults rating and 6.4 million viewers Sunday, boosted by a strong showing from Big Brother. The reality competition pulled its highest Sunday ratings of the season, only falling shy of the July premiere in adults 18-49. It posted a 2.5 adults rating, following a new outing of 60 Minutes (1.2 adults rating).
Encores gave ABC a 0.9 rating among adults 18-49 and 3.4 million viewers.
- TLC Brings NBC's 'Who Do You Think You Are?' Back From the Grave (Exclusive) The Wrap - 7 hours ago
- Hollywood's disabled actors protest NBC's 'Ironside' casting - when is it their turn? Reuters - 7 hours ago
- VH1 sets 'Gossip Table' for June 3 Reuters - 6 hours ago
- 'Nashville' Crew Member's Wife Accuses Show of Mistreatment The Wrap - 6 hours ago
- Nick Jonas, Giuliana Rancic to host Miss USA AP - 6 hours ago