Suds vet Debbi Morgan, who long portrayed the beloved Pine Valley denizen, has joined Prospect Park’s online relaunch of the cancelled soap.
“Ok, I can finally announce how thrilled I am 2 B on board w/the All My Children re-boot & Prospect Park,” Morgan announced via Twitter. “Agnes Nixon, you’re my HERO!!!”
Elsewhere in AMC alum news, Cameron Mathison (ex-Ryan) took to Facebook to tell fans where he stands on returning to the soap. “4 those asking, I’m not sure if I’ll be part of the new AMC,” he wrote. “I’m lucky to be working these days, so I’m working on the scheduling. Hope so!”
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Syfy’s buzzy new drama series Defiance — which stars Grant Bowler and Julie Benz — will launch Monday, April 15 at 9/8c. Set in a dystopian future, the drama centers on humans and aliens coexisting on a war-ravaged Earth that has been transformed by terra-forming machines.
• The Puppy Bowl is back! Animal Planet will air the canine competition special during the the Super Bowl on Sunday, Feb. 3, from 3 – 5 pm.
• Family Guy creator and upcoming Oscars host Seth McFarlane and The Amazing Spider-Man‘s Emma Stone will announce nominations for this year’s Academy Awards on Thursday, Jan. 10. (The awards ceremony airs Sunday, Feb. 24.)
• Oxygen on Monday announced three new series – Fat Girl Revenge (thinned-down gals seek payback against those who bullied them), Find Me My Man (Miami matchmaker Natalie Clarice helps urban women pair up) and Too Young to Marry (a docuseries about teen couples determined to say “I do,” no matter the opposition) – and ordered a pilot for Propos’d, in which women who nagged their man for a ring get what they wished for, though perhaps not in a way they ever dreamed.
• Logo has ordered a pilot from Cher and Ron Zimmerman (Shake It Up). The icon would act as writer and possible co-star in the ’60s-era Hollywood drama.
• Comedy Central has renewed Workaholics for a fourth and fifth season.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?
- Arts & Entertainment
- Debbi Morgan
- Agnes Nixon
- Cameron Mathison