Aimee Garcia has been promoted to series regular for Dexter‘s upcoming eighth (and final?) season, TVLine has confirmed.
The actress — who can currently be seen on CBS’ Vegas — has recurred on the Showtime saga since the start of Season 6 as Jamie, Dex’s son’s caretaker and the younger sister of Miami Metro vet Angel Batista (David Zayas).
Dexter‘s latest run is slated to launch three months earlier than usual, on Sunday, June 30 at 9/8c.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Brooke Smith (Grey’s Anatomy) will recur on Showtime’s new fixer drama Ray Donovan, The Hollywood Reporter reports, playing a nurse/potential love interest for Ray’s brother.
• Daytime TV queen Robin Strasser took to Twitter Monday with a major announcement about the One Life to Live‘s upcoming Hulu/iTunes revival:
• Jennifer Love Hewitt is woman, hear her roar — or sing about in the following all-new music video promoting her Lifetime series The Client List, premiering March 10 at 10 pm.
• Grammy-nominated DJ Steve Aoki will make a cameo in an upcoming episode of Arrow, per EW.com. He’ll perform at the opening of Oliver’s new club.
• Disney Channel has renewed its sitcom Dog With a Blog for a second season, per Deadline.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?
- Arts & Entertainment
- Aimee Garcia