“I’m playing a student from a rival school who is supposed to be a legendary diva,” Sanchez shares with People.com of the guest-starring role TVLine first reported. “A powerhouse singer.” (Not too farfetched, huh?)
The songstress goes on to tell the site that she’s hoping to work with Glee‘s Naya Rivera during her two episodes with the series — one of which happens to be the May 9 season finale. “She’s got that attitude and I love it,” Sanchez notes.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• TVLine has learned exclusively that South of Nowhere alumna Valery Ortiz has joined VH1′s new scripted series Hit the Floor. The actress will play a single mother opposite Dean Cain (Lois & Clark), Charlotte Ross (NYPD Blue) and Kimberly Elise (Close to Home).
• Smash star Katharine McPhee is returning to the American Idol stage this Thursday for a special results show performance with One Republic, per The Hollywood Reporter. This reunites McPhee with the band’s lead singer Ryan Tedder, who guest-starred on NBC’s musical drama last season.
• In Week 2 and facing stronger broadcast competition, A&E’s Bates Motel dipped 7 percent in total audience (to 2.8 mil) but held steady in the demo (with 1.6 mil aged 18-49).
• The Bible‘s Satan/Obama brouhaha had little effect on ratings, as Week 4 of the History series drew 10.3 million total viewers, with 3.4 mil landing in the 18-49 demo — dipping just 5 and 3 percent week-to-week. (The season finale airs Easter Sunday.) Vikings likewise ticked down just 6 and 5 percent, to 4.5 mil/1.8mil.
• “Time to meet the King Beyond the Wall,” Ygritte tells Jon Snow at the beginning of Game of Thrones‘ newest featurette, which gives fans an in-depth view of Ciarán Hinds’ new-to-Season-3 character and the wildings he leads. Press PLAY below for much more on the free people’s look, history, geography and weaponry — as well as why their lack of nobility might appeal to Ned Stark’s bastard son.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?
- Arts & Entertainment
- Naya Rivera