Barry Bostwick has joined the USA Network comedy’s upcoming two-hour song-and-dance special, EW.com reports. The Spin City alum — who famously starred in the aforementioned 1975 big-screen cult hit — will play the owner of a ritzy theater in Santa Barbara.
Rent actor Anthony Rapp and 2 Broke Girls‘ Brooke Lyons will also guest-star in the musical extravaganza, which will air during the series’ yet-to-be-scheduled Season 7.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Lifetime will debut its Lindsay Lohan-starring telepic Liz & Dick on Sunday, November 25, at 9/8c. Translation: Happy Thanksgiving Weekend!
• Erstwhile True Blood werepanther Lindsay Pulsipher has nabbed a recurring role on Law & Order: SVU, TVGuide.com reports, playing the younger sister of Kelli Giddish’s Rollins.
• Greg Kinnear is looking to return to TV full-time with a starring role in a U.S. adaptation of the Australian legal dramedy Rake. Per Deadline, the project — which is currently being shopped to both broadcast and cable networks — centers on the chaotic world of a brilliant but self-destructive lawyer (Kinnear). The Oscar nominee would co-exec-produce the potential series alongside former House EP Paul Attanasio.
• Cedric the Entertainer will guest-star on 2 Broke Girls this fall as Earl’s (Garrett Morris) son, TVGuide.com reports.
• Mike & Molly has cast ex-Major Dad Gerald McRaney as the former’s police captain, per The Hollywood Reporter.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?
- Barry Bostwick
- Anthony Rapp
- Lindsay Pulsipher