The Office vet has been tapped to guest-star in the Showtime comedy’s third season (premiering July 22 at 11/10c), EW.com reports, playing a possible beau for the leading lady’s newly single Fiona. The catch: He’s a cult leader.
Also tapped to appear in the new season are Megan Mullally, Billy Crystal, Chelsea Handler, Sara Gilbert and, as previously reported, Kudrow’s former Friend Matt LeBlanc.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Senator/onetime Vietnam POW John McCain and the American Legion have both accepted the apology CBS made at the top of this Sunday’s Amazing Race, for setting one of the competition’s tasks inside a Hanoi site that houses wreckage of an American B-52 bomber and featuring a Communist propaganda song. “CBS did the right thing by apologizing,” McCain said via Twitter. “We all make mistakes. The issue is closed.”
• Although there’s no new footage to be found, the following teaser trailer for Mad Men‘s sixth season (premiering April 7) hints at abundance of unhappiness for Don Draper and the rest of SCDP.
• ABC and The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced Monday the dates for the next two Oscar ceremonies: the 86th annual event will air Sunday, March 2, 2014, with the 87th honors taking place Sunday, Feb. 22, 2015.
• Storage Wars’ fourth season is slated to premiere April 16 with back-to-back episodes at 9 pm, while Season 3 of American Hoggers debuts the same day with a pair of installments at 10 pm.
• Esquire Network’s first original series Knife Fight, a new cooking competition hosted by Top Chef champ Ilan Hall, is set to bow Tuesday, April 23.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?
- Arts & Entertainment
- Megan Mullally
- Chelsea Handler