The standard pre-rose ceremony backstabbing was especially convoluted this time around, so let's make it really simple.
- Because the twins had chosen to ax themselves, no girls had to go home this week. But they still had to vote on one guy to boot off.
- It seemed like Dave was destined to go home, but Kalon had other plans. Kalon thought he could manipulate Dave, but he had no use for Ryan, who he didn't trust. All he had to do was plant this seed with his bed partner, Lindzi, and she did all the work, getting half the other women to vote for Ryan instead.
- But Reid, who has had a beef with Ed since the beginning, tried to mobilize the girls to vote off Ed (who, remember, already had a vote against him for being a lazy klutz at the gymnastic challenge). Reid all too easily managed to convince Sarah, who'd hooked up with Ed coyote-style the night before, to turn against him and vote him off because he was a "threat."
- Sara voted Ed off, then promptly announced to him that she'd done so and was met, naturally, with a crestfallen reaction. She then freaked out, deciding that it had been a terrible decision to vote off the one person in the house that she likes and enjoys. Ya think?
- The girls were then evenly split between voting for Ryan and Ed, which left Jamie as the wild card. Would she vote off Ryan, her partner?
The virgin sacrifice
The boys were the only ones called up to receive roses, since it was a given that all the girls would be staying on to swap spit for another week. David was third to last, and left Ryan and Ed to wait out their fate and wonder where it all went so wrong.
And Ed got a rose! That means poor Ryan was voted out -- by Jamie, his partner and crush. Even after spelling her name out on a birthday cake in licorice. Ouch! Hurt, Ryan ignored her while saying his goodbyes.
Of course, Jamie was just being strategic. She single-mindedly wants Chris as her partner and will eliminate all obstacles in her path toward that goal. If we were Blakeley, we'd run and hide.
Ryan piled into the SUV and morosely announced, "As a 32-year-old virgin, I'm always looking for love." Maybe don't lead with that next time, buddy.