The Wolverines are gathering.
Josh Peck and Adrianne Palicki have been cast in MGM/UA's remake of "Red Dawn," set to begin filming in September. They join the already cast Chris Hemsworth in the story of a group of teenagers who form an impromptu insurgency when their town is invaded by Chinese and Russian soldiers.
Peck will play Matt Eckert -- the role originated by Charlie Sheen -- the hotheaded younger brother of Hemsworth's Jed Eckert and star quarterback of their Spokane high school football team. Palicki will play Toni, the role first inhabited by Jennifer Grey. She's a tough fighter the brothers encounter who develops romantic feelings for Jed, a Marine home on leave and the group's unofficial leader.
Dan Bradley, a stunt coordinator and second-unit director on "The Bourne Ultimatum" and "Quantum of Solace," will direct the revamp based on the 1984 Cold War-era film co-written and directed by John Milius. Carl Ellsworth and Jeremy Passmore penned the updated screenplay.
Contrafilm's Beau Flynn and Tripp Vinson are producing, and Vince Newman is executive producing. The film is scheduled to hit theaters Sept. 24, 2010.
Peck, who is repped by UTA and the Collective, most recently appeared in "The Wackness," "Drillbit Taylor" and "What Goes Up." He again has provided the voice of Eddie in the animated sequel "Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs," which Fox releases July 1.
Palicki, repped by UTA and Anonymous Content, co-stars on "Friday Night Lights." She next appears in the Screen Gems thriller "Legion" in January.
- Seth MacFarlane Will Not Return to Host the Oscars: "I Need Sleep" TV Guide - 9 hours ago
- The Voice, Dancing With The Stars Offer Words Of Support For Oklahoma Tornado Victims Access Hollywood - 8 hours ago
- Hollywood's Disabled Actors Protest NBC's 'Ironside' Casting - When Is It Their Turn? The Wrap - 8 hours ago
- 'Rectify' Season Finale: Aden Young Talks About Daniel's Innocence ... or Guilt Yahoo! TV - 16 hours ago
- When Liberace Battled Batman and Taught the Hulk How to Tickle the Ivories [Video] Yahoo! TV - 14 hours ago
- NBC picks up 'Siberia' drama series Reuters - 12 hours ago