20th Century Fox TV is finalizing deals with Everybody Loves Raymond veteran Mike Royce to serve as showrunner on another family comedy, NBC’s midseason single-camera half-hour 1600 Penn, and with Community executive producers Garrett Donovan and Neil Goldman for the same duty on Fox’s fall single-camera comedy Ben and Kate. The gigs stem from Royce and Donovan & Goldman’s overall deals with the studio. Both pilots were written by scribes with no TV series writing experience. 1600 Penn was co-written by actor Josh Gad and former White House speechwriter Jon Lovett, with input from director Jason Winer; Ben & Kate was written by feature writer Dana Fox. Royce recently worked on a single-camera comedy project for 20th TV, the Fox pilot Little Brother.
- James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead at 51 Yahoo! TV - 8 hours ago
- FX Picks Up Legal Comedy Starring Kelsey Grammer and Martin Lawrence TVLine.com - 8 hours ago
- Stephen Amell: Why I Won't Join Fifty Shades Of Grey Movie Access Hollywood - 8 hours ago
- 'Full House' Flashback: Check Out Candace Cameron Bure's Cheesy Christmas Pic Yahoo! TV - 8 hours ago
- Matt Lauer Calls Katie Couric "Very Attractive," Rates Her a "9 or 10" Us Weekly - 8 hours ago
- Netflix Renews 'Hemlock Grove' for Season 2 The Wrap - 6 hours ago