The 37th UCLA Entertainment Symposium, Deals on the Edge, which will take place March 8-9 at UCLA’s Freud Playhouse, Macgowan Hall, will feature a Q&A with Matt Groening, creator of The Simpsons and Futurama, and director and animator David Silverman, who has directed numerous episodes of The Simpsons as well as The Simpsons Movie. The two-day event will focus on the changing landscape of the entertainment industry in the digital revolution and discuss how to plan for success with original content in the vast digital landscape, how to negotiate current TV deals and how to protect rights overseas. Panelists include executives from Pixar, Illumination Entertainment, Warner Bros., Yahoo! and CAA.
- Seth MacFarlane Will Not Return to Host the Oscars: "I Need Sleep" TV Guide - 4 hours ago
- The Voice, Dancing With The Stars Offer Words Of Support For Oklahoma Tornado Victims Access Hollywood - 3 hours ago
- Hollywood's Disabled Actors Protest NBC's 'Ironside' Casting - When Is It Their Turn? The Wrap - 3 hours ago
- 'Rectify' Season Finale: Aden Young Talks About Daniel's Innocence ... or Guilt Yahoo! TV - 12 hours ago
- When Liberace Battled Batman and Taught the Hulk How to Tickle the Ivories [Video] Yahoo! TV - 10 hours ago
- NBC picks up 'Siberia' drama series Reuters - 7 hours ago