NEW YORK – NOVEMBER 26, 2012 – Univision Communications Inc., the leading media company serving Hispanic America, today announced that Jonathan Schwartz, 51, has been named general counsel of Univision Communications. Schwartz succeeds C. Douglas Kranwinkle, 72, executive vice president and general counsel for 12 years, who announced last year he would be retiring after a distinguished 47-year career in law. Schwartz most recently served as managing director and general counsel for JPMorgan’s Investment Bank. Previously, he spent six years at Cablevision Systems as executive vice president and general counsel. Prior to that, Schwartz held various roles including senior vice president and deputy general counsel of Time Warner Inc., and as general counsel of online music company Napster. Schwartz will be based in New York and will report to Falco. The Company also announced that Phyllis Verdugo, a 15-year veteran of Univision and currently the executive vice president and deputy general counsel, will relocate to New York.
- James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead at 51 Yahoo! TV - 1 hour 49 minutes ago
- FX Picks Up Legal Comedy Starring Kelsey Grammer and Martin Lawrence TVLine.com - 2 hours 31 minutes ago
- Stephen Amell: Why I Won't Join Fifty Shades Of Grey Movie Access Hollywood - 2 hours 31 minutes ago
- 'Full House' Flashback: Check Out Candace Cameron Bure's Cheesy Christmas Pic Yahoo! TV - 2 hours 27 minutes ago
- Matt Lauer Calls Katie Couric "Very Attractive," Rates Her a "9 or 10" Us Weekly - 2 hours 14 minutes ago
- Netflix Renews 'Hemlock Grove' for Season 2 The Wrap - 1 hour 50 minutes ago