Univision was the No. 1 television network in America among the coveted adults 18-49 and adults 18-34 demos last week — just the third time that has happened. From July 2-8, the Spanish-language net beat CBS by 42%, ABC by 15%, NBC by 7% and Fox by 1% in 18-49. Among 18-34 the spread was more pronounced, with Univision outdelivering CBS by 150%, NBC by 60%, ABC by 57% and Fox by 16%. Last week, the telenovela La Que No Podia Amar was the top Univision show in both demos and the top broadcast show in America at 10 PM. La Que No Podia Amar actually starts airing at 9:59 each weeknight. The 8:58 PM lead-in, telenovela Abismo De Pasion, was No. 2 overall for the week for the network. It topped Adults 18-34 in the 9 PM slot and was number two among Adults 18-49. Granted, it was a week with a lot of repeats on the English-language networks, but it also included the Olympic Trials on NBC and new episodes of ABC’s The Bachelorette and NBC’s America’s Got Talent, among other. It marks the third time the Spanish-language network has topped its English counterparts in the key metrics, each time taking advantage of the summer malaise: Univision was No. 1 in 18-49 and 18-34 the week of August 30-September 5, 2010, and the week of August 29-September 4, 2011.
- How 'Scandal' Creator Shonda Rhimes Makes Us Forget Our Morals Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:36 PM PDT
- Friday Night Lights' Aimee Teegarden Looks Skinny, Unrecognizable Us Weekly - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:15 PM PDT
- Is Kelly Rowland Joining The X Factor? TV Guide - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:58 PM PDT
- Doctor Who's Jenna-Louise Coleman on Clara's Meeting with River Song TV Guide - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:22 PM PDT
- Who Were the Worst Reality TV Stars This Week? Television Without Pity - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:28 PM PDT
- ‘Mike & Molly’ Creator Mark Roberts To Exit, Al Higgins Upped To EP & Showrunner Deadline.com - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:30 PM PDT