While many are still mourning Steve Carell's decision not to return to The Office as Michael Scott, there is a silver lining: We still have Ricky Gervais. The Office creator has decided to bring back David Brent for a "mini episode" called The Office Revisited, Entertainment Weekly reports.
Photos: Worst-dressed TV characters
"It has been 10 years since we last saw David Brent," Gervais said in a statement. "I thought it was time to revisit my most famous comedy creation to find out what he's been up to for the last decade and most importantly what he's up to now."
Photos: Which shows do you want to bring back?
So what's happened to David Brent in the past decade? "What hasn't happened in the last 10 years? Probably the best 10 years of my life, filled with just so many interesting things. Mainly rapping," Brent says in a new trailer. Gervais also adds that viewers will finally hear "The Serpent Who Guards the Gates of Hell" in full, as well as see Brent's "horrendous" self-funded video "Equality Street."
The episode will air on BBC One on Red Nose Day, March 15, and will be available on Gervais' YouTube channel that same day.
Click here to watch the trailer and check out the teaser below.
- Bad Teacher Heading To CBS Access Hollywood - 12 hours ago
- 5 Biggest Shockers From the Critics' Choice Award Nominations Yahoo! TV - 13 hours ago
- Nick Carter & His Fiancée To Topline Reality Series Deadline.com - 13 hours ago
- 'Merlin' Series Finale Preview: A Dream Is Not a Dream [Exclusive Video] Yahoo! TV - 13 hours ago
- Homeland Enlists SVU, Prison Break Actors for Season 3 TV Guide - 13 hours ago
- 'Bachelorette' Meredith Phillips: I'm an Alcoholic ET Online - 13 hours ago