Celebrities such as Debra Messing, Glenn Close and Hilary Swank are very excited about President Barack Obama's support of same-sex marriage.
As the former star of NBC's Will & Grace (one of the first successful shows to portray openly gay characters), Messing was particularly moved by the President's statement.
VIDEO: Joe Biden cites Will & Grace in endorsement of gay marriage
"To have the President of the United States come out and openly support equal marriage rights... and [for Joe Biden] to say that Will & Grace has done more to educate the country about gays and lesbians —it's humbling. It makes me very emotional," she told TVGuide.com at Mariska Hargitay's Joyful Heart Foundation Gala in New York.
Check out what else Messing, Close and Swank had to say about marriage equality:
- TLC Brings NBC's 'Who Do You Think You Are?' Back From the Grave (Exclusive) The Wrap - 7 hours ago
- Hollywood's disabled actors protest NBC's 'Ironside' casting - when is it their turn? Reuters - 6 hours ago
- VH1 sets 'Gossip Table' for June 3 Reuters - 6 hours ago
- 'Nashville' Crew Member's Wife Accuses Show of Mistreatment The Wrap - 6 hours ago
- Nick Jonas, Giuliana Rancic to host Miss USA AP - 5 hours ago