Jon Stewart still can't believe he didn't figure out that his former Daily Show guest Paula Broadwell was having an affair with ex-CIA director David Petraeus.
Broadwell appeared on The Daily Show in January to promote her biography of the retired general, and in light of the affair, Stewart now realizes that her appearance was comprised of "innuendo after innuendo."
VIDEO: Gen. Petraeus' mistress identified, once appeared on The Daily Show
"He loves serving. He loves to be in the arena," Broadwell said in a video mash-up of her appearance on Monday's episode. "I thought I was going to test him, but he was going to test me. ... He crushed his pelvis and it was back in the swimming pool. ... He can turn water into bottled water."
"I had her right there talking about how thick a coat of awesome sauce Petraeus is bathed in. The thing never crossed my f---ing mind!" Stewart exclaimed. "I am the worst journalist in the world. For God's sake, the title of her book was All In. She may as well have called the book What's Got Two Thumbs and Is Banging His Biographer? This Guy."
Watch the video below. Should Stewart have seen the affair coming?
- James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead at 51 Yahoo! TV - 6 hours ago
- FX Picks Up Legal Comedy Starring Kelsey Grammer and Martin Lawrence TVLine.com - 7 hours ago
- Stephen Amell: Why I Won't Join Fifty Shades Of Grey Movie Access Hollywood - 7 hours ago
- 'Full House' Flashback: Check Out Candace Cameron Bure's Cheesy Christmas Pic Yahoo! TV - 7 hours ago
- Matt Lauer Calls Katie Couric "Very Attractive," Rates Her a "9 or 10" Us Weekly - 7 hours ago
- Netflix Renews 'Hemlock Grove' for Season 2 The Wrap - 5 hours ago