Prepare yourself for this mental image: Katie Couric and Larry King went on a date.
You doing alright there? Feel OK enough to continue? Good.
Which canceled show would you bring back?
Couric and King's only date happened 26 years ago when Couric, then 30, accepted a date from King, 23 years her senior — a decision she justifies by saying that at the time, she would have accepted a date from anyone (get it, girl!).
"It was at one of these Italian restaurants where they put you right next to each other, like they do all the men and their 'nieces,'" Couric explained on Jimmy Kimmel Live! But the date didn't end there.
"So we're having a nice enough time and we're going home and I see that we're going over Memorial Bridge and that's not the way to my apartment. So I go, 'Larry, where are we going?' And he goes, 'My place.' And I was like, 'Oh, mother of God.'"
After arriving at his apartment, Couric recalled being shocked to see that its décor consisted mainly of Larry King memorabilia. "And that was sexy!" she joked.
Photos: Stars who don't look their age
Though Couric might not have been turned on, somebody was. "So we sat there and what can I say, he lunged," Couric said, while Jimmy Kimmel cracked up. "I love Larry, by the way. I do love him. But I started laughing a little bit because the whole situation was like out of a bad Lifetime movie."
Watch Couric recount the tale in the video below. (It's worth it just to hear her King impression.)
- TLC Brings NBC's 'Who Do You Think You Are?' Back From the Grave (Exclusive) The Wrap - 16 hours ago
- Hollywood's disabled actors protest NBC's 'Ironside' casting - when is it their turn? Reuters - 15 hours ago
- VH1 sets 'Gossip Table' for June 3 Reuters - 15 hours ago
- 'Nashville' Crew Member's Wife Accuses Show of Mistreatment The Wrap - 15 hours ago
- Nick Jonas, Giuliana Rancic to host Miss USA AP - 14 hours ago