Billie Joe Armstrong will still show up on NBC’s competition show The Voice as scheduled, Deadline has learned, though his band Green Day announced today that the singer is seeking treatment for substance abuse. “We’re taped and all set,” said an NBC rep about Armstrong’s appearance later this season as a mentor to Christina Aguilera’s team. Announced in July, Armstrong’s participation was taped this summer. On Friday at the iHeartRadio Festival, the singer let loose a flurry of expletives, smashed his guitar and left the stage after allegedly being told to end Green Day’s set. “We would like everyone to know that our set was not cut short by Clear Channel and to apologize to those we offended at the iHeartRadio Festival in Las Vegas. We regretfully must postpone some of our upcoming promotional appearances,” the band wrote. Green Day’s new album Uno! comes out Tuesday with a tour set to start November 26.
- 'Ring of Fire' Myth Busting: Jewel Can Act and Lifetime Movies Can Be Seriously Awesome Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 24, 2013 12:22 PM PDT
- NBC to Air Blake Shelton's Tornado Relief Concert Next Week The Wrap - Fri, May 24, 2013 12:28 PM PDT
- 5 Ways to Be an Even Bigger 'Game of Thrones' Nerd Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 24, 2013 1:50 PM PDT
- Guess Who's Rescuing Brides Coast to Coast, Head to Hem in TLC's New Makeover Show? [Exclusive Video] Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 24, 2013 2:44 PM PDT
- Ann Curry Failed to Get Angelina Jolie TV Interview for NBC: Report Us Weekly - Fri, May 24, 2013 3:00 PM PDT
- American Idol and X Factor 'Probably Hurt Each Other,' Fox's Exiting Reality Chief Concedes TVLine.com - Fri, May 24, 2013 3:29 PM PDT