We'll take "Things We Never Expected from Saturday Night Live" for a thousand.
Answer: Tears of the "awwwww" kind.
In honor of Kristen Wiig's last show, the late-nighter wrapped its season with a closing sketch that was a thing to behold. Not because the sight of host Mick Jagger sending off a graduating class was that funny — in fact, it wasn't at all — but because of the sheer emotion evident on screen. Even before Jagger singled out Wiig with the line "you've meant quite a lot to us over this past seven years," it was clear the cast was sad to be saying goodbye to the Bridesmaids actress. Go Hulu it and watch Jason Sudeikis...the look on his face throughout the segment said it all.
Then, because the lumps in our throats weren't already big enough, Wiig's costars went and shared brief goodbye dances with her before joining Jagger and members of Arcade Fire on the Stones' "She's a Rainbow." By the time SNL guru Lorne Michaels came out for his turn, we were broken. As was Wiig, who wiped away tears while everyone broke out into the chorus of "Ruby Tuesday." Yeah, we're gonna miss you, too. And Penelope. And Target Lady. And the retired Gilly. Dooneese Maharelle and her tiny doll hands, however, we'll be OK without. That one just made us feel bad about so much.
What about you? Will you miss Wiig next fall? And does the fact that there was no mention of Sudeikis and Andy Samberg's rumored departures give you hope that they may stick around another season? Share it down in the comments section, kids!
Subscribe to TV Guide Magazine now!
- Seth MacFarlane Will Not Return to Host the Oscars: "I Need Sleep" TV Guide - 13 hours ago
- The Voice, Dancing With The Stars Offer Words Of Support For Oklahoma Tornado Victims Access Hollywood - 12 hours ago
- Hollywood's Disabled Actors Protest NBC's 'Ironside' Casting - When Is It Their Turn? The Wrap - 21 minutes ago
- 'Rectify' Season Finale: Aden Young Talks About Daniel's Innocence ... or Guilt Yahoo! TV - 21 hours ago
- When Liberace Battled Batman and Taught the Hulk How to Tickle the Ivories [Video] Yahoo! TV - 19 hours ago
- NBC picks up 'Siberia' drama series Reuters - 16 hours ago