Down in Costa Rica, the saying "Pura Vida" is everywhere. It means "good life" and you can find stamped on everything from T-shirts to bottle openers to beer koozies. It's like the big thing. But now that the Real Housewives of Orange County have stormed the region for this season's lavish vacation, we're worried the country may adopt a new slogan. Something like "Who Invited These Monsters?!" Or "Go Home, Loud Plastic-Faced Ladies."
Seriously, Vicki and company have nothing on the howler monkeys of Central America's tropical nirvana. Shrill, unmannered and borderline feral, the O.C. contingent must have packed everything but their meds, because only Heather the New One came across as half-sane (points off for even associating with these women), and none of them seemed capable of handling even the slightest emotion without screaming at one another.
Case in point: The dinner convo about Alexis' obsession with flaunting her wealth. In 3,2,1...boom! Before you could say "step away from the crazy," Tamra was dropping the F-bombs and waving her hands like an excited Muppet, Vicki was ranting about being a financial planner, and Gretchen was switching sides like Slade told her to. It was a mean-girl-on-girl display that was unpleasant enough to make us miss Scary Island with Kelly, Bethenny and the rest of the old New York crew.
What about you? Did this dinner screamfest ruin your appetite? Or are you already hungering for next week's conclusion?
Subscribe to TV Guide Magazine now!
- How 'Scandal' Creator Shonda Rhimes Makes Us Forget Our Morals Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:36 PM PDT
- Friday Night Lights' Aimee Teegarden Looks Skinny, Unrecognizable Us Weekly - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:15 PM PDT
- Is Kelly Rowland Joining The X Factor? TV Guide - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:58 PM PDT
- Doctor Who's Jenna-Louise Coleman on Clara's Meeting with River Song TV Guide - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:22 PM PDT
- Who Were the Worst Reality TV Stars This Week? Television Without Pity - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:28 PM PDT
- ‘Mike & Molly’ Creator Mark Roberts To Exit, Al Higgins Upped To EP & Showrunner Deadline.com - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:30 PM PDT