Friends alum Wil Calhoun has been tapped as executive producer/showrunner of NBC’s comedy series Whitney, which is heading into its second season. The stint is part of his overall deal with Universal TV, which produces Whitney. Calhoun, who will work with series creator/star Whitney Cummings, replaces Betsy Thomas, who has moved to NBC’s new comedy series Guys With Kids as a co-executive producer. There has been a change at the helm of both NBC freshman comedies that were renewed for a second season. Up All Night has Tucker Cawley as new executive producer/showrunner.
- 'Ring of Fire' Myth Busting: Jewel Can Act and Lifetime Movies Can Be Seriously Awesome Yahoo! TV - 6 hours ago
- NBC to Air Blake Shelton's Tornado Relief Concert Next Week The Wrap - 6 hours ago
- 5 Ways to Be an Even Bigger 'Game of Thrones' Nerd Yahoo! TV - 5 hours ago
- Ann Curry Failed to Get Angelina Jolie TV Interview for NBC: Report Us Weekly - 3 hours ago
- American Idol and X Factor 'Probably Hurt Each Other,' Fox's Exiting Reality Chief Concedes TVLine.com - 3 hours ago