A Hollywood-connected name was missing from yesterday’s press release announcing Yahoo’s $7.1B agreement to sell half of its stake in Alibaba Group — equal to 20% of the Chinese e-commerce operation — back to the company. The deal also affects Japan’s Softbank, which owns 29% of Alibaba. It was advised in the deal by Jeffrey Sine, co-founder of The Raine Group, a merchant bank with close ties to WME. Sine’s accustomed to multibillion-dollar media transactions: At Morgan Stanley, he advised Time Warner when it bought AOL and Turner Broadcasting, and Viacom when it bought CBS.
- TLC Brings NBC's 'Who Do You Think You Are?' Back From the Grave (Exclusive) The Wrap - 7 hours ago
- Hollywood's disabled actors protest NBC's 'Ironside' casting - when is it their turn? Reuters - 6 hours ago
- VH1 sets 'Gossip Table' for June 3 Reuters - 5 hours ago
- 'Nashville' Crew Member's Wife Accuses Show of Mistreatment The Wrap - 5 hours ago
- Nick Jonas, Giuliana Rancic to host Miss USA AP - 5 hours ago