I’ve learned that veteran reality agent and WME partner Chris Newman has left to go to UTA, where he has joined the agency’s alternative department. UTA has been looking to bring in a senior reality agent following the October exit of partner and head of the alternative department Michael Camacho. The department is now being overseen by UTA board member Jay Sures. Newman is a 16-year WME veteran who came from the WMA side of the company. After training under former WMA Vice Chairman Jerry Katzman and EVP Mark Itkin, Newman rose to VP in the TV Department of WMA before it merged with Endeavor to form WME. His clients at WME have included A. Smith & Co. (Hell’s Kitchen), Mission Control Media, David A. Hurwitz (Fear Factor), Clay Newbill (Shark Tank) and Mike Richards (The Price Is Right). At WMA, he also worked with Ryan Seacrest, Jesse James and Arsenio Hall.
- Bad Teacher Heading To CBS Access Hollywood - 17 hours ago
- 5 Biggest Shockers From the Critics' Choice Award Nominations Yahoo! TV - 17 hours ago
- Nick Carter & His Fiancée To Topline Reality Series Deadline.com - 17 hours ago
- 'Merlin' Series Finale Preview: A Dream Is Not a Dream [Exclusive Video] Yahoo! TV - 17 hours ago
- Homeland Enlists SVU, Prison Break Actors for Season 3 TV Guide - 18 hours ago
- 'Bachelorette' Meredith Phillips: I'm an Alcoholic ET Online - 18 hours ago